Help in choosing building materials

Help in choosing building materials

Postby SoulWeather » Mon May 16, 2022 11:10 am

Hi guys, do we have any builders or people who know how to choose building materials? I'm looking to buy fiber cement tile right now to tile my house. I have a neighbor doing renovations on his house. The fiber cement tile on the front of his house looks very nice. I also wanted to do that kind of renovation for my house.
SoulWeather

Re: Help in choosing building materials

Postby Jinduru » Mon May 16, 2022 11:15 am

Try to choose higher quality tiles, perhaps the design will not be very pretty, but the main thing is quality. Because cheap fiber cement tiles due to temperature changes can break. Or the tiles may have cracks, from a distance they are invisible, but close look can be very detailed. Quality fiber cement cladding are sold here. From £10 per square meter. If you want to tile your home with more than one type of tile, look first for examples of how best to combine them. So you don't end up with a bland look.
Last edited by Jinduru on Mon May 16, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinduru

Re: Help in choosing building materials

Postby SoulWeather » Mon May 16, 2022 11:15 am

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that cheap fiber cement tiles can break because of frost. I also read that rain can cause tiles to peel off a little bit at a time. You know, little potholes like that, and then the tiles break(
SoulWeather

Return to DIY